Are you tired of dealing with pesky warts? We at Brookvalley Podiatry are very excited to announce that we have a brand new and effective treatment for surface-based skin lesions, primarily warts.
Does it hurt?
While pain is variable and patient/lesion specific, most patients typically feel some level of discomfort as infected tissue temperatures are rapidly elevated over a 2 second dose of energy. The pain immediately subsides following cessation of energy delivery and there is very limited post procedural pain, in fact some report an immediate reduction in pain levels. All patients are about to continue on with day-to-day activities immediately following treatment.
When you should come to see us
It’s important to visit a podiatrist if you suspect or feel that you have a plantar wart and are seeking removal. The longer you wait to seek treatment, the more likely the wart is to persist. Here are some common symptoms to look out for:
- You may get the feeling of “painful pebbles” in your shoes.
- You may experience pain when you compress the sides of the wart.
- You may see a circular flat spot on the skin with a depressed area in the middle.
- They may appear “yellowed” with a crust; small black dots can be an easy give away.
- The lesion on your foot is painful, bleeding, or has changed color.
- Treatments you have tried do not work, and the wart reoccurs or multiplies.
- Discomfort that prevents you from doing regular activities.
- Poor sensation in your feet.
- You are unsure if the lesion is a wart.
Expert Foot Care in Spring Valley, NY
Our goal is to relieve pain and help all our patients to participate as fully as possible in the life activities they enjoy. Whether that involves an advanced treatment or tried and true traditional care, we will provide care to the best of our abilities.
Call Dr. Stuart Birnbaum at Brook Valley Podiatry and find the help you need to regain or maintain your foot health. Call (845) 352-0757 for our Spring Valley location, or schedule using our online form.